How are you all?
I hope you all are doing great and planning your next destination already. If you follow me on Instagram, I am sure you know by now that I can’t stop ranting about my travel to Bali.
Before you start packing to travel bali
Ok, Girls. Now, let’s be honest and ask you, what exactly do you want to do when you travel Bali?
If I am getting the hint right from you, You want to relax on the beach, unwind in the Jungle Resorts, get massages and come on now, Yes, Instaworthy pictures!
Well, I have done all and beyond! So, you are safe to prepare with my awesome to do list.
10 days trip to Bali: To Do List
- Check your flight’s info https://www.skyscanner.co.in
- Land at Denpasar International Airport
- If you are an Indian, No visa required for Indians for 30 days (Just Get your Passport Stamped at the Immigration and you are good to go)
- Carry Driving License + Photocopy.
- Cash conversions are easily available anywhere (preferably USD).You can also get most currencies converted too, you will not need Balinese currency unless you are already on the land.
- Indian Citizens – If you wish, get your currency exchanged in India itself. (I wouldn’t suggest relying on airports- but you do get there, its I just don’t prefer)
- Balinese Currency is confusing to convert into INR (Conversion INR 100 = IDR 20626.89) ** this applies to Indian Citizens
- To make the most of your stay, Planning is the Key.
- When in Bali, Ubud is a must, since it is known as a center for traditional crafts, dance and beautiful waterfalls and more. The surrounding Ubud District’s rainforest and terraced rice paddies, dotted with Hindu temples and shrines, are among Bali’s most famous landscapes.
- Choose your stay at one of the hotels in Ubud
- Stay in Ubud for first 4-5 days or towards the end of the trip so you can relax and end the trip on a good note.
- It’s beautiful and you’ll feel that you are in arms of heaven, trust me when I am saying this to you.
- Other places that have some amazing views are Jimbaran or Uluwatu uphill, and Canggu is popular for beach surfers and its unique cafes.
- Kuta and Semiyank are the major party places for you.
- Other Islands in Bali which can blow your minds off are Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida, Gilli, Lombok.
Your Check- in Information:
- Do your ferry/boat bookings before hand, we used gillitransfers.com
- MOST IMPORTANT: Check the places before you book the Airbnb, vicinity.
- Do all your bookings before hand and if you are doing Airbnb or homestays. Also, keeping all the documents printed with you comes handy anytime.
- Download OFFLINE MAPS & Google Maps on all of your phones.
- When riding always ask for two helmets for you and your pillion rider otherwise you will be caught for not wearing one.
- You will buy a lot of souvenirs and other stuff. So don’t over stress about packing too much.
- Pack Light, 2-3 bikinis, extra undergarments and clothes that you need.
- Sneakers, Flipflops maybe just one good pair or just skip and take one pair.
Fun Things To Do In Bali:
- Relax and unwind wherever you are, feel the place on the first day.
- Bali is famous for coffee and Bintang Beer.
- Choose Bike or Cab (I would suggest Cab for being touristy)
- Book your cabs or trips before trip starts, so you don’t miss.
- Bali has some awesome organic and nonorganic food places – Places to go Semiyank, Canggu, and Kuta
- Kuta & Semiyank is a hip place, is a hub for clubbing.
- Sunsets or Sunrises are worth a watch when in Bali.
- Live music here is good energy.
- Hanging Gardens is a beautiful resort if you wish to book a table for evening sunset for dinner view is stunning.
- The most important you shouldnt miss is getting a Balinese massage for yourselves and take dip breath and enjoy the place to its fullest. Its your Holiday!
My Favorite List of Places
- Monkey Forest
- Goa Gajah Temple
- Gunung Kawi
- Tegenungan waterfall
- Tegalalang rice terrace
- Trek to Mount Batur (This trek will keep you occupied whole day- You will start at 2:30 am)
- Ulun Danu Temple
- Tirta empul Temple
- Kutta Beach
- Tanha Lot
Nusa Penida: (Trip from Nusa Lembongan – You need to pay for the boat again here)
- Crystal Beach
- Kling Kling Beach
- Angel Billabong
- Broken Beach
All the above places can be self-explored however, please choose one of the guides to take you around at least on Nusa Penida Island.
I hope you will have a great time when in Bali. This is some fun list I had for you, if you wish to add some places to this list, I would love to know your share of experience in Bali, Comment below and let me know.
Scroll through my pictures to see Bali through my eyes!